this is me…
On a trip not long ago I found my passion in photographing horses. I will never forget that day at the ranch, out in the middle of nowhere, hearing the thundering hooves in the mist as the herd came running towards me. It was an incredible rush as I was capturing this brilliant moment. Their spirit has captivated my heart and I feel very blessed to be doing what I love.
Since that day I have been photographing mostly horses in their natural setting here in the US and abroad. The Icelandic horse has become one of my favorite subjects and I travel to Iceland at least once a year. Last year I started going back into the print studio and am printing limited edition prints including photogravure, mono prints, silkscreens & platinum palladium prints. In August 2014 I opened my own gallery 'Fotoworks' in Millerton, NY where I sell mostly limited edition photography. I am working on my first book of horse photography which is a wonderfully reflective project.
I'm a German-English photographer. I got my first camera at the age of six. From that time on, my world has been full of photographic images. In my teens, I was tapped on the shoulder by the fashion world and found myself in front of the lens for the next 20 years. It was a fantastic journey that allowed me to work with some of the most talented photographers, designers, and artists.
Inspired by fashion and design I decided to go back to school. I graduated from Parson's School of Design with a degree in graphic design. The school also offered printmaking classes and I passionately spent time in the studio learning silk screening and etching. During my studies I had a brilliant teacher that re-sparked my interest in photography and inspired me to take out my camera again. And the rest is history.
awards & exhibits
- 2007 - Silver Anniversary Award- Women in Photography
- 2007 - Photo Award - Eidfaxi Magazine
- 2008 - Art Show - Art That Matters (New York)
- 2008 - Horses in Art - Lynda Anderson Gallery (Locust Valley)
- 2008 - All Things Horse Award - Center for Fine Art Photography
- 2008 - Unframed Exhibit - Art That Matters (New York)
- 2009 - Squared Exhibit - Art That Matters (New York)
- 2009 - Children - Honorable Mention - Women in Photography
- 2010 - Photo Award - PC Magazine
- 2011 - Black & White & Color Award - Women in Photography
- 2011 - Portrait - Honorable Mention - Women in Photography
- 2012 - Icelandic Photo Award - Stodhestar
- 2014 - Horse Utopia Exhibition - Porcellino Gallery Florence, Italy
- 2014 - See me takeover - billboard display in Times Square
- 2014 - Le Cheval de Camargue - Solo Exhibit - Fotoworks (NY)
- 2014 - Charter Archive Yale Submission
- 2015 - Horses of Fire & Ice - Group exhibit - Fotoworks (NY)
- 2015 - Penumbra - Group exhibit - Soho Photo Gallery (NYC)
- 2016 - Horse Illustrated 8 page spread - Mythical Horse of Iceland